Patient Advocacy, being the voice of many survivors to help make a difference and impact change is important to us. We also believe that it is just as important for Survivors to have a platform so their voices can be heard. That is why we recently kicked off Warrior Wednesday, where each month we host an informal Facebook Live interview with a Warrior to share their story.
To view previous Warrior Wednesday talks, click on the Warriors image below.
Metaplastic Breast Can't-cer
My Breast Years Ahead is an online support community, intended for women living in the Greater Atlanta area that have been diagnosed with ANY type of can’t-cer. The purpose of this group is to connect, women together in the local area, encourage and support another while making new friends. Meetups are encouraged and scheduled on a quarterly basis. To join this online support group, click on the link below.
***You must be a survivor to join this group***
WARRIOR WEDNESDAY - GUEST SPEAKERS
Copyright 2017. My Style Matters. Inc.. All Rights Reserved.
In 2011, our co-founder and executive director's, brother was diagnosed with an aggressive form of testicular can’t-cer at the young age of 32. He was given just 6 months to live. After 2 surgeries, the removal of 39 lymph nodes and several rounds of chemo, we are happy to say that he is alive and doing well. But little did she know that she would find herself back down this road again. After launching My Style Matters and partnering with American Cancer Society in 2015 to put on the 5K Suit Run, she was faced with her own diagnosis of stage 2 Triple Negative Breast Can’t-cer. Through her journey she noticed several gaps in patient care. The can’t-cer was being treated but not the person as a whole. This triggered the creation of the Kick Can’t-cer Project.
We believe that it is important to focus on the whole person and not just the disease. As a result, we provide Can’t-cer warriors that are undergoing treatment (conventional or non-conventional) with the education and support they need to help KICK CAN'T-CER! This includes:
For more information on Sponsorship and to see our list of
Kick Can't-cer Care Kit partners and sponsor, please click HERE.
- providing Kick Can't-cer Care Kits, non-toxic care packages containing personal care and household items, non-gmo and organic snacks and beverages along with information materials on making healthy choices
- offering free hair-cuts, photo-shoot, cleaning services and more
- assistance with financial support, meals, transportation needs
- providing wigs, scarfs, blenders
- building support teams around our warriors that have limited support
- educational workshops on wellness, health and nutrition
- provide other resources needed to help support our warriors
Her2+ Breast Can't-cer